Music and Storytelling in Early Childhood Environment
So much happens in an Early Childhood environment and music in all its forms is a wonderful teaching tool. Music can enhance dramatic play; movement; social and emotional skills; awareness of other cultures; special needs and senses to name a few.
- Interactive music with play and during the daily routine
- Songs/rhymes in other languages/sign language
- Catering for children with special needs
- New songs or how to extend songs you already know
- Awareness of the different learning styles within the children in your group and age appropriate material
- We don’t have many resources or a large budget – what can I make with the children
- Music and babies
- Having fun!!
*Conferences, interstate and country bookings need negotiating.
Margie Brophy DipT(ECE) and Vince Brophy Songwriter/Entertainer
Margie has been a Kindergarten and Child Care Director for 15 years in SA and NSW before joining forces with Vince to create Jack and Molly. Margie presents a hands-on approach, drawing from her teaching and presentation skills, while Vince comes from an instrumental, vocal and song writing background and adds some fun to the presentation! During the workshops they draw from their 25 years experience performing and working with children and staff .
We have presented workshops for Port Macquarie FDC, Geelong Preschool Regional and Knox Regional Conferences as well as the recent VOSA conference for Music in Early Childhood.